Friday, April 8, 2011

Fairmont Empress Scones

It is a beautiful Spring day today and as I am walking home from school, where I was dropping Sophie off this morning, I feel like baking some scones to go with my second cup of coffee.
At home, I am looking through my Culinary Arts textbook in the 'quick bread' section. Each section of the book concludes with recipes by Canadian Chefs and some of them are accompanied by a brief biography, highlighting the chefs training and achievements.

On page 713 I find the recipe of 'Fairmont Empress Scones':


As I look to the right margin of the page I see a picture of my pastry chef, Ken Harper, from university.



It almost feels like I am back in the classroom. Wishing I was anyways...

I make the scones...the kitchen smells delicious,




and before I  sit down with my second cup of coffee and eat one of these delicious scones, I send off an e-mail to the chef to thank him for the recipe.


May be because it feels like Spring, or may be because Easter is not far away, or may be because I miss my girls today... I make some bunny scones as well.




I am thankful for the sun. It gives me new energy...
Happy Spring day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment