Friday, January 28, 2011

A Dream Come True

Yesterday, about mid morning, I got a call from the university here in town, to let me know that a seat in the Culinary Arts Program had opened up and that I could start full time classes in 3 weeks.

All through winter break I had been thinking about the possibility and what it would mean, not only for me, but also for my family.

It is a dream come true if you will, but at this stage it involves figuring out day care, applying for student loans, ordering parking permits, meal planning, time schedules...I am an organizer by heart.

As I went for a walk with my daughter tonight, I asked her: "Do you think I am crazy to do this?" "to do what, mom?" she asked, "for me to start school again, at this stage in my life?" "Oh, you'll do just fine, mom", she answered.

May be that was all I needed to hear. Someone is confident, even if it is not me.

2 comments:

  1. you can do it - anybody that can keep a kid alive for longer than two weeks can practically do anything in life. lol

    Follow your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie! ... said by somebody who is following her dream. You are quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete