Friday, February 4, 2011

Hungry For More

Vancouver Island UniversityImage via Wikipedia
The other day I was looking through an information package, my daughter Rachel received a couple of years ago.

We had made some reservations at a restaurant called 'Discovery Room', which is located on the campus of Vancouver Island University.

The Discovery Room Restaurant is unique in a couple of ways. First, it is situated so the guests can enjoy a panoramic view of the Georgia Straits. Second, the menu is put together and cooked by students of the Culinary Arts Program.

We went there to celebrate a birthday, and because Rachel voiced some interest in the program, the hostess gave her this information package. She also took Rachel in the back to see the kitchen first hand.

I don't think I have to tell you that I read the whole info package before we made it home. But since at that time I hadn't realized yet that the dream of cooking, was mine much more then it was my daughters, the info package was shelved.

Now I am 3 days away from starting this very same program.

Hungry for more?

You bet I am!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment